Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dance of Life


Curious Art Exhibition

“The exhibition celebrates the journey of life with my father Floyd Lombardi and uncle Ray when I was living at the Navajo Trading Post adobe house on the Four Corners of America Navajo Reservation. The Rio Grande ran behind the Trading Post located just an hour from Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.

It was early 1950’s and I was eleven years old. I grew up hearing many stories and gained insights into the Navajo culture and way of life which left an indelible impression upon my thinking, my life and my art.

We were privileged to be part of the many Native Festivals. My father was one of the very few given permission to photograph the festivities.This exhibition includes unique archival photography from those early years on the reservation."
Dianne Smith 2012









Also textiles, jewellery and themed paintings in various media and other artworks from the Curious Artists.
Opens 16/06/12 to 30/09/12
Opening day Saturday 18/08/12 11.30am to 2.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment